Planning Services

Planning in the Town of Cochrane follows an established process, and becomes more specific with each step; each step has requirements that must be met before approval is received (whether for an entire subdivision or an individual structure). This ensures consistency across services (connecting to Town water, for instance), and allows the Town a view of the big picture: sustainability, long-term impact and managed growth.

Planning handles development planning policies, applications for statutory planning document amendments, subdivisions, developments and compliance certifications. The department also provides planning advice to Council, the Cochrane Planning Commission (CPC), and the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB), as well as the general public.

Riversong Road Closure and James Walker Trail Alignment Update

An open house March 22 provided an update about the future alignment of James Walker Trail, as well as an application to Alberta Transportation to close an undeveloped road allowance in Riversong.

Missed the open house?
  • Check the boards for maps and more information about the road closure application and the future alignment of James Walker Trail.

Building & Development

If you plan to do any building or development within town limits, please contact Planning Services to discuss the applications you need to complete and the statutory plans / bylaws you must abide by.

If you are renovating an existing building, you may only need a Town Building Permit. Contact for more information.

To find a Legal Address, look under Public Information in eServices to search by address or roll number 

Need a Real Property Report? Check the Alberta Land Surveyors' Association for a company.

June 2017

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 1
View All