Town officials are reminding residents to go slow on the H2O.
The hot, dry weather is putting an extra burden on water reservoir levels, which may result in Level Two watering restrictions.
Level One watering restrictions are in place year-round in Cochrane unless otherwise advertised. Level Two watering restrictions limit outdoor water and will be put in place if deemed necessary to conserve water for immediate household needs and emergency response.
Any changes to watering restrictions are advertised immediately on the Town website, social media and digital signs.
The Town is reminding residents of all the ways to reduce water use:
• Comply with Level One watering restrictions:
water outside between 5-10am or 7pm-1am ONLY
• Give flower beds and vegetable gardens only what they need by using a watering can or hose nozzle with trigger control
• Remember that established lawns only need 2.5cm of water per week (enough to fill a Frisbee)
• Use a sprinkler appropriate to the size of your lawn
• Use sprinklers for less than 15 minutes per section of lawn. If water runs onto the street, shut it off
• Allow children to use sprinklers, pools, and water toys at any time during the day, but monitor activity and shut water off when they’re done