Online Business Resources
- - The “flagship” business information site operated by the Government of Canada. Strategies contain information on virtually all topics related to conducting business in Canada or abroad.
- Canada Business Service Centres (CBSCs) - Your gateway to government information for business. CBSCs provide a wide range of information on government services, programs and regulations and are there to answer your questions about starting a new business or improving an existing one.
- Western Diversification - Information for businesses on startup, financing, exporting and other topics for businesses in Western Canada.
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade - An excellent resource for exporters and potential exporters, and Canadians travelling abroad. This site also links to the Virtual Trade Commissioner, which provides customized market information and international market reports by industry sector from the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service.
- Agriculture and Agri-Food - Canada’s Agri-food Trade Service covers exporting for the agri-food sector and would be useful for anyone who exports products or services.
- Industry Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency - Provides information on tax issues and customs rules and regulations.
- Team Canada - Team Canada Inc.’s export assistance and information website, includes the export diagnostic tool.
- SourceCan - Billed as Canada’s National E-Marketplace, SourceCan allows Canadian businesses to participate in a partnering and business opportunities network.
- Canadian International Development Agency
- Canadian Intellectual Property Office - Provides information on patents, trademarks, copyrights and other forms of intellectual property.
- Statistics Canada - Provides comprehensive statistics at the local, provincial, national and international level.
- Alberta, Canada - The Official Website of Alberta Economic Development
- Alberta First - A Provincial, Municipal and Industry Partnership created to provide valuable information to businesses and individuals interested in starting a business or locating to Alberta.
- Canada Business - No matter what stage of business you're at, or where you live in the province, the Business Link is your first stop for business information and services in Alberta.
Local / Regional Government & Government Partnerships
International Business Websites
- The Economist - The website of The Economist magazine.
- TradePort - Information on conducting international trade to and from California. Also include excellent import / export business advice.
- Logistics World - Information on logistics.
- Canadian International Freight Forwarders Association
- Expoworld - Information and links for international trade fairs.
- CEO Express - This is a great site that covers everything to do with business and provides many links to other helpful sites.
- International Trade Centre - International Trade Centre (UNCTAD/WTO) provides information on developing markets.
- U.S. Federal Reserve - U.S government site includes information on controls on foreign exchange for transactions.
- Incoterms - International commercial terms for the movement of goods.
- - Directory of Embassies around the world.
Statistics, Demographics, Market Research & Marketing
- Alberta Finance
- Statistics Canada
- Economist Intelligence Unit - Economist Intelligence Unit provides macroeconomic data on countries around the world.
- Market Research - Provides online listings of industry and market research reports.
- Euromonitor International - Euromonitor International is an internationally recognized provider of global business intelligence and strategic market analysis.
- United Nations - Official website of the United Nations includes demographic and social statistics for many countries.
- - Official site of the World Bank Group of Agencies includes statistics on more than 130 countries.
- MediaFinder - Publishes a wide range of media-related directories.
- American Marketing Association - Website of the American Marketing Association includes comprehensive resources (information on books, publications, courses, and software for market research).
Financing & Support
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation - Agriculture Financial Services Corporation is a provincial crown corporation with a private sector Board of Directors that provides farmers, agribusinesses and other small businesses loans, crop insurance and farm income disaster assistance.
- - Fuelling the entrepreneurial spirit of Alberta's women business owners, the Alberta Women's Entrepreneurs’ (AWE) interactive events and workshops, business advising and loans are designed to help you take action to grow your business.
- Canadian Venture Capital Association
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Community Futures Centre West (in Cochrane)
- Export Development Canada - Provides Canadian exporters with financing, insurance and bonding services as well as foreign market expertise.
- Canadian Commercial Corporation - Canada's export contracting agency, the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC) brings buyers and Canadian exporters together through contracts built on the best possible terms and conditions. Since our inception, we've provided assistance to thousands of companies from across Canada, helping them close more than $30 billion in win-win deals with foreign governments and private sector buyers.