- Town of Cochrane Administration
- Cochrane Eco Centre
- Cochrane Family Resource Network
- Cochrane Programs, Activities & Opportunities
Town of Cochrane social media accounts are for communication, celebration, engagement and to encourage connections in the community. Everyone is expected to play nicely and to be polite and respectful. Town staff read every post and participate in the discussion. In general, staff work standard business hours (M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm), so look for responses to specific questions during that time.
The Town of Cochrane reserves the right to remove content and/or block individuals whose interaction doesn't meet common standards for good communication, and is:
- abusive, defamatory, fraudulent or obscene
- in violation of any laws or regulations
- off-topic, offensive or inflammatory
- identifies individuals other than those posting or commenting.
The information collected on social media is not intended to be an official record of public opinion on topics that are reviewed by Town Council, but those who choose to engage in a conversation with the Town of Cochrane via social media should be aware that they do so within the public domain. All Town of Cochrane social networking sites adhere to applicable provincial, federal and local laws, regulations and policies including the Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act: FOIP applies to social media content and therefore content must be managed, stored and retrieved to comply with the Act.