Permits & Inspections
Permit application are being processed as normal. Payments will be taken over the phone. On site inspections will resume July 6,2020 but the option of virtual inspections will still be offered where the site conditions may pose a risk to the inspectors, owners and/or contractors.
The Town of Cochrane takes its responsibility for safety seriously. We inspect and approve design and construction for building, electrical, gas and plumbing work to ensure they comply with all relevant codes and standards. Permits grant legal permission to begin construction of a building project, including new construction, alterations, renovations, relocations, basement development and decks above 24 inches from grade.
The estimated time to process a building permit application is 10 business days. The count starts from the day after a complete application is received. To avoid any delays ensure all documentation has been submitted.
Online permit process
All Town permit applications (building, electrical, gas, plumbing) can be filled out and submitted via email, saving paper and dealing with applications efficiently. Payments can be completed over the phone then we’ll email your final permit — no trip to the RancheHouse required!
Here’s how it works:
- Select the appropriate permit application form from the list below.
- Fill in your information (use these instructions for reference)
- Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We’ll be in touch if any information is missing or needs to be clarified.
- We will contact you to inform you that your permit is ready for release upon payment of fees.
- Start your work!
- Book your inspections (click here)
Details and permit application forms
STEP 1: Review the Permit information and inspection requirements
STEP 2: Application forms/packages
- Basement Developments
- Detached garages and accessory buildings
- Hot tubs
- Soil gas (radon) information
- Electrical permit application form for homeowners
- Plumbing permit application form for homeowners
- Cochrane Solar Guidelines
- Building permit requirements: commercial, industrial and institutional
- Building permit requirements: new homes and additions
- Building permit application
- Electrical permit application form
- Gas permit application form
- Plumbing permit application form