Family & Community Support Services
For those seeking assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic, here are some local, provincial and federal resources that may be helpful.
- Alberta Health Services
- Cochrane Addiction & Mental Health: 1-877-652-4700
- Emergency Prescriptions
- Distress Centre (24 hours): 403-266-HELP (4357)
- Alberta Income Supports (Tue/Thu): 403-932-1033
- COVID-19 Supports for Albertans (incl. utility payment deferral, education property tax freeze and more)
- Service Canada (EI)
- Canada’s Economic Response Plan
- Food hamper requests: 403-851-2250
- Meals for Your Freezer: 403-851-2250
- St. Andrews Church lunch to go on Tuesdays (12-1pm): 403-932-2585
- Pet food assistance: 403-932-2072
- COLT: 403-851-5995
If you are feeling stressed or anxious and want help, please call:
- Distress Centre: 403-266-HELP (4357) (24-hour crisis line)
- Resource Centre: 403-851-2250 (Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm)
To donate food or clothing to the Cochrane Activettes Food Bank & Clothesline:
- The Clothesline, 122 Fourth Ave W
(drop-off only; not open to the public), 11am-4pm, Mon-Fri.
- Cochrane Activettes
- Grocery stores have bins accepting food donations.
More Covid-19 Resources:
- Mental Health & Coping with COVID-19 (CDC)
- Talking with Children about COVID-19 (CDC)
- Help in Tough Times (AHS)
- What to do if you’re anxious or worried about COVID-19
Current community initiatives on Facebook:
The Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) mission is to encourage, strengthen and stabilize family and community life. Drop into our offices to get a calendar of current programs, get referral information, pick up government forms and more.
Cochrane Family and Community Support Services deliver a wide variety of programs and activities for children, youth, parents, adults, seniors and for professional development. Pick up a hard copy of the current Town of Cochrane Program and Activity Guide at our office. Search and register for programs online and see what’s happening at the Parent Link Centre.
Contact Cochrane FCSS at 403-851-2250 for more information regarding these programs.
- FCSS, the Resource Centre, Parent Link Centre, Volunteer Cochrane and the Cochrane Society for Housing Options are all under the umbrella of Cochrane FCSS and in partnership in the HomeStead Apartment building located at 209 - 2 Ave. West.