Resources & Referral
Community Resource Workers
The Community Resource Workers provide emotional support, information on a variety of topics, connections to basic needs such as food hampers and housing, and referrals such as community support, shelters or education. Please contact the Community Resource Worker at 403-851-2250.
Equipment Loans & Meeting Spaces
The Family and Community Resource Centre has several pieces of equipment available for use by non-profit groups. Groups using the equipment and room space must be compatible with the Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) service mandate. Items available for rent include:
- Public announcement system
- Flip charts
- Projector screens (small, medium and large)
- Rooms and equipment are available to non-profit groups compatible with the mandate of FCSS. This includes children's services, early intervention for children and families, community development, health, education and Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Groups not fitting this mandate may be bumped in favour of those that do.
- Rooms and equipment are available to non-profit groups free of charge subject to room availability.
Alberta Works / Social Services (Income Support) has a satellite office located in Cochrane (the main office is located in Canmore). The Cochrane office is open for pre-arranged appointments on Wednesdays (phone 310-0000 to book your appointment). Therefore, the Family and Community Resource Centre provides a large variety of government forms. If you require one of these forms, please drop by the Family and Community Resource Centre at FCSS. Available forms include:
- Alberta Blue Cross
- Child Care Subsidy
- Child Health Benefit
- CPP Child's Benefit
- CPP Retirement Pension
- Old Age Security
- Request for Corporate Services
- Social Insurance Number
- Special Needs Assistance for Seniors
- Income Support Package
In four 90-minute sessions, parents learn to promote their child's healthy development and gain strategies to deal with a wide variety of common behavioural difficulties and development concerns.