Essential Needs Support
We believe that all community members have the right to food, shelter, transportation, and other basic needs. To that end, we have partnered with other organizations, funders and volunteers to provide the following:
Access to Food:
Cochrane Activettes Food Bank
- IMPORTANT FOOD BANK INFORMATION
The Cochrane Activettes Food Bank is operating while the COVID-19 response is underway. The program is adapted to meet the needs of the community during this time.
The Cochrane Activettes, Cochrane FCSS and Family Resource Network partner to ensure that no one in our community goes hungry.
To request a food hamper:
Meals For Your Freezer - Cochrane FCSS & Helping Hands Society of Cochrane & Area:
- For individuals and families who would benefit from access to prepared frozen meals. Frozen Entrées offer choice and flexibility while providing meals that are heart healthy and diabetic friendly. Each meal is well balanced and includes a starch, protein, and vegetable. Meals cost $6.50 each and soup is $5.
- Printable version of the Order form
- PDF Fillable version of the Order form
Shelter/ Housing for people with lower incomes or with temporary shelter needs:
- Cochrane Society for Housing Optionswebsite
- offers an affordable housing program for those who qualify. See website for eligibility requirements.
- Housing Related Supports
- For individuals and families who are temporarily in need of shelter because of sudden loss of housing due to circumstances beyond their control;
- Or those struggling to find affordable housing who may not qualify for CSHO housing or are on a wait list,
- A Resource Worker will meet with you to better understand your needs and explore local or regional options with you.