Cochrane On-Demand Local Transit (COLT)
At this time, it’s free to ride COLT; buses continue to run, though in a diminished capacity. Rider numbers are restricted to six per vehicle and physical distancing practices are in effect. We want to ensure Cochranites can get to work and essential appointments. We have implemented enhanced safety and cleaning measures for our fleet of buses, including:
- Thorough wipe down of all high contact areas on buses to be completed twice daily, this includes handrails, doorknobs, chairs, armrests, and head rests
- Enhanced cleaning process by external cleaning staff
- Ultrastatic coating of all bus interiors with medical-grade disinfectant
- Bus capacity has been limited to a maximum of 6 passengers
- Passengers are to maintain 2 metres minimum distance between each other
COLT is closely monitoring the situation and we remain in contact with regional health authorities and other transit agencies to determine best practices and ensure our response is appropriate.
Other Transportation Options
Rocky View Regional Handibus
- Online help
- Call 403-948-2887
- Booking hours: Mon-Fri-, 8am-3pm
Helping Hands Society of Cochrane and Area - Volunteer Drivers
- Online help
- Call 587-580-9448 (Mon-Fri)
- Only helping with grocery delivery right now - call for details
Cochrane Taxi Companies
- Check with your local taxi company and ask about their COVID safety measures.
CAR Program Update
CAR Program registration and renewals are postponed until further notice. You can ride the COLT bus for free at this time. To protect riders they are limiting passengers and sanitizing regularly. You can read about their sanitizing procedures, ride booking services and information on their website.
If you have transportation needs that COLT cannot meet, please call FCSS at 403-851-2250 to discuss options.