Food & Essentials
We have put together some resources to help during this difficult time.
Cochrane Activettes Food Bank
IMPORTANT FOOD BANK INFORMATION
The Cochrane Activettes Food Bank is operating while the COVID-19 response is underway. The program is adapted to meet the needs of the community during this time.
The Cochrane Activettes, Cochrane FCSS and Family Resource Network partner to ensure that no one in our community goes hungry.
- No financial proof of hardship required
- Eligibility for access is residency in Cochrane or West Rocky View County
- Regular Food Program pick up times are:
- Tue - 12:45-1:45pm
- Wed - 3:45-4:45pm
- Thu - 5:15-6:30pm
- Weekly ’drive by’ option for items they have excess of on Tuesdays 4-5pm. Bring your own bags for this. First come, first serve. Drive By Service WILL NOT be offered if temperatures reach -20 or colder during the winter months.
To request a food hamper:
- For families with children 0-18 years call the Family Resource Network at 403-851-2265.
Hours: 9am-12pm & 1-4pm, Mon-Fri.
- For individuals/families without children and older adults call the Cochrane FCSS at 403-851-2250.
Hours: 9am-4pm, Mon-Fri.
If you would like to help:
- Put your donations in the bins at the major grocery stores in Town
- These items are needed:
- dry pasta, rice, formula, diapers, peanut butter, oatmeal, pasta sauce, cereal
- Cash donations accepted as usual via Pay Pal through their website
- No volunteers needed at this time
Meals For Your Freezer – Cochrane Activettes & FCSS
- Call 403-851-2250
- Intake: Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm
- Delivery: Tue (approximately 7 days later depending on intake)
Cochrane Good Food Box
- Available on Cochrane Good Food Box Facebook group
- Limited cost for produce. (stock varies)
- Contact your local grocery store to see what options they have available for extended hours or delivery services or check Shop Cochrane on Facebook.
Cochrane Community Gardens Society
The Calgary Legacy Community Association
- Website - Information on how to start your own garden