Food & Essentials
We have put together some resources to help during this difficult time.
Cochrane Activettes Food Bank
IMPORTANT FOOD BANK INFORMATION
The Cochrane Activettes Food Bank is operating while the COVID-19 response is underway. The program is adapted to meet the needs of the community during this time.
If you need a food hamper:
- Call 403-851-2250
- Intake for food hampers from Mon-Fri, 9am - 4pm
- New - Effective Oct 1 (Food Bank Changes)
- Effective Oct 1, 2020 - clients will have access to 5 hampers from Oct 1 - Jun 30, 2021. If your situation requires additional support, please call FCSS for help at 403-851-2250.
- All Clients will wait outside to be called for their scheduled hamper pick up time.
- Masks Mandatory
- 1 person per family allowed in food bank for pickup.
- Call before Tuesday at 4:30 for the same week access.
- Handout Times will be as follows:
Tuesday - 12:45-1:45pm
Wednesday - 3:45-4:45pm
Thursday - 5:15-6:30pm
- Eligibility for access is residency in Cochrane or Western Rocky View County
- No financial proof of hardship required
If you would like to help:
- Put your donations in the bins at the major grocery stores in Town
- These items are needed:
- dry pasta, rice, formula, diapers, peanut butter, oatmeal, pasta sauce, cereal
- Cash donations accepted as usual via Pay Pal through their website
- No volunteers needed at this time
Meals For Your Freezer – Cochrane Activettes & FCSS
- Call 403-851-2250
- Intake: Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm
- Delivery: Tue (approximately 7 days later depending on intake)
St. Andrews Church - Lunch To-Go Program
- Call for details: 403-932-2585
Cochrane Good Food Box
- Available on Cochrane Good Food Box Facebook group
- Limited cost for produce. (stock varies)
- Contact your local grocery store to see what options they have available for extended hours or delivery services or check Shop Cochrane on Facebook.
Cochrane Community Gardens Society
The Calgary Legacy Community Association
- Website - Information on how to start your own garden