Food & Essentials
We have put together some resources to help during this difficult time.
Cochrane Activettes Food Bank
IMPORTANT FOOD BANK INFORMATION
The Cochrane Activettes Food Bank is operating while the COVID-19 response is underway. The program is adapted to meet the needs of the community during this time.
If you need a food hamper:
- Call 403-851-2250
- Intake for food hampers from Mon-Fri, 9am - 4pm
- Regular Food Programpick up times are:
- Tue - 12:45-1:45pm
- Wed - 3:45-4:45pm
- Thu - 5:15-6:30pm
- Closed Dec 14, 2020 to Jan 4, 2021
- Regular food program will resume on Jan 5, 2021
- Eligibility for access is residency in Cochrane or West Rocky View County
- No financial proof of hardship required
- Weekly ’drive by’ option for items they have excess of on Tuesdays 4-5pm: Nov 24, Dec 1 & Dec 8. Bring your own bags for this. First come, first serve.
Note: They will be closed Dec 15, 22 & 29 Due to Share Your Christmas Program.
- Share Your Christmas - 403-519-7726. Date of pick up: Dec 19. Separate from the regular food program.
If you would like to help:
- Put your donations in the bins at the major grocery stores in Town
- These items are needed:
- dry pasta, rice, formula, diapers, peanut butter, oatmeal, pasta sauce, cereal
- Cash donations accepted as usual via Pay Pal through their website
- No volunteers needed at this time
Meals For Your Freezer – Cochrane Activettes & FCSS
- Call 403-851-2250
- Intake: Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm
- Delivery: Tue (approximately 7 days later depending on intake)
St. Andrews Church - Lunch To-Go Program
- Call for details: 403-932-2585
Cochrane Good Food Box
- Available on Cochrane Good Food Box Facebook group
- Limited cost for produce. (stock varies)
- Contact your local grocery store to see what options they have available for extended hours or delivery services or check Shop Cochrane on Facebook.
Cochrane Community Gardens Society
The Calgary Legacy Community Association
- Website - Information on how to start your own garden