Cochrane and Area Interagency
To facilitate organizational collaboration to address community needs Interagency meetings will be offered monthly beginning September 2022. Meetings will alternate between “Information Sharing” and “Hot Topic Discussions”. There will be no meetings July, August & December.
Membership to Cochrane and Area Interagency offers a forum for human services organizations that serve the residents of Cochrane and neighbouring areas to promote their services, programs, network with other professionals, identify and address priority issues, reduce duplication of services through collaborative partnerships.
“Information Sharing” Meetings will be held on the fourth Wednesday of January, March, May, September and November
- Information Sharing Meetings will provide an opportunity to hear about the different programs and services through round table sharing
- The meeting will begin with two or three 5-minute presentations from Interagency members followed by round table information sharing
- In interest of keeping the meeting to the timeline, historical information or events further in the future can also be included in the minutes or newsletter by providing information to email@example.com
- Unless otherwise noted members are invited to bring their lunch and eat during the meetings
- Meetings will be a hybrid of virtual and in-person with the exception of September.
“Hot Topic” Meetings will be held on the fourth Wednesday of February, April, June and October
- Hot Topic Meetings will provide an opportunity to discuss a specific social issue and develop a coordinated response to address the issue
- Topics for the meeting will be determined through the top issues each organization is facing
- Meeting topics will be announced prior to the meeting, so your organization can determine if they would like to be part of the discussion and response
- The meeting will begin with an overview of the topic and will involve brainstorming on ways to address the issue
- Unless otherwise noted, members are invited to bring their lunch and eat during the meeting
- Meetings will be a hybrid of virtual and in person
Benefits of being Interagency mailing list and attending the meetings:
- Receiving regular newsletters with updates and information on what is happening within the community
- Networking and building relationships with other local organizations
- Creating a collaborative community response to social issues
- Promoting services, programs and events
For more information contact us at 403-851-2250 or c.