Community Event Planning

Why do you need a Festival and Event Permit?

A Festival and Event application will identify when organized activities are planned in a park, road or venue so we can avoid scheduling conflicts.

It also ensures groups who are organizing activities in public spaces have the appropriate insurance and licensing.

Permit holders have priority and permission to use the space over non-permit holders. 

Contact us early in your planning process. Major event applications must be submitted a minimum six weeks in advance of the event date. The Community Events Administrator will help you with the permit process.


Please complete and send a scanned copy or deliver it in person to 101 RancheHouse Road.

Toilets in Mitford Park and the Cochrane Historic Ranche Site are available from the May long weekend until the last weekend in September (weather permitting). They automatically open at 7am and lock at 9pm.

Online resources

Just complete and click!  We'll get in touch with you to finalize details and confirm availability:

  • Digital Sign Request (Min. two weeks in advance; max. six months in advance). This free service is subject to availability.
  • Fire Pit Reservation Request To reserve a fire pit at the Historic Cochrane Ranche Site or Mitford Park, complete at least one week before your desired date. Before using a fire pit, check the Town Fire Ban page.

Upcoming event road closures

No events planned at this time

Upcoming event traffic disruptions

No events planned at this time

Street closure plans

Subscribe to notifications