Seniors Property Tax Support ProgramS
Seniors Property Tax Program (Family & Community Support Services)
The tax program is a $500 refund on municipal property taxes for eligible seniors.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 60 years old.
- Applicants must be a residential property owner in Cochrane and be living in the residence of ownership.
- Applicants must not own any other property.
- Applicants must meet minimum income guidelines set out by the Seniors Benefit Program and passed by Council. Each owner on title is considered.
- For one owner on title the income must be under $29,630 to qualify for the $500 rebate. For two owners on title, who are considered spouses, the income information is combined and the combined incomes must be under $48,120. However, upon submission of involuntary separation documentation, only the income of the individual residing in the residence will be considered in the evaluation of the program application.
- Applications may be obtained at Family and Community Support Services (FCSS), however your initial application requires a booked appointment with FCSS staff; to book this appointment please call 403-851-2250. Subsequent applications may be done each year at the FCSS reception desk without an appointment.
- All applications must be completed by December 31, 2022.
- Applicants must provide copy of their 2021 Revenue Canada Income Tax Notice of Assessment - Line 150 total income minus line 210 deduction for elected split-pension amount, minus line 208 if result of surviving spouse.
- All owners on the title must apply under the same application.
- Call FCSS for more information at 403-851-2250
Click here for a printable version of the application form. Print it, fill it out and bring a copy of your Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment as noted above.
Click here for a PDF fillable version of the application form. Fill it out, print it and bring a copy of your Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment as noted above.
Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program (Government of Alberta)
The Government of Alberta allows seniors, 65 years of age or older, to defer all or a portion of their property taxes through a low-interest home equity loan. See the full eligibility requirements and application the provincial Seniors Property Tax Deferral Program or call 1-877-644-9992 for more information.