Seniors Tax Support Program
The tax program is a $500 refund on municipal property taxes for eligible seniors.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 60 years old.
- Applicants must be a residential property owner in Cochrane and be living in the residence of ownership.
- Applicants must not own any other property.
- Applicants must meet minimum income guidelines set out by the Seniors Benefit Program and passed by Council. Each owner on title is considered.
- For one owner on title the income must be under $28,785 to qualify for the $500 rebate. For two owners on title, who are considered spouses, the income information is combined and the combined incomes must be under $46,745. However, upon submission of involuntary separation documentation, only the income of the individual residing in the residence will be considered in the evaluation of the program application.
- Applications may be obtained at Family and Community Support Services (FCSS), however your initial application requires a booked appointment with FCSS staff; to book this appointment please call 403-851-2250. Subsequent applications may be done each year at the FCSS reception desk without an appointment.
- All applications must be completed by December 31, 2020.
- Applicants must provide copy of their 2020 Revenue Canada Income Tax Notice of Assessment - Line 150 total income minus line 210 deduction for elected split-pension amount, minus line 208 if result of surviving spouse.
- All owners on the title must apply under the same application.
- Call FCSS for more information at 403-851-2250