Services for Seniors
Seniors and older adults in our community are active, vibrant and engaged in a variety of recreational, cultural and service programs.
Explore our Senior Services pages to find out more about programs and services available for Town of Cochrane and area residents 50 years of age and over.
Cochrane Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) runs program, activity and information sessions of interest to seniors. The mandate of FCSS is to provide residents with preventative social programs that promote, encourage and facilitate the development of a strong community through citizen involvement.
- National Programs - Call Service Canada at 800-277-9914
- Provincial Programs
- Connecting DOTS (Dementia and Other Therapy / Services) - Download the resource booklet to review the many resources available
- Home Care - 403-851-6060
- Seniors Health One Line Referral - 403-267-2991
- Cochrane Community Health Centre
- Alberta Health Services
- Addiction and Mental Health Services - 403-932-8700
- Adult Day Support Program - 403-932-8700
- Aids to Daily Living - 403-851-2244
- Assessment and Treatment Services - Mental Health - 403-932-3455 or 403-943-1500
- Communicable Disease Control - 403-932-7219 or 403-932-8700
- Community Development and Enhancement - 403-932-8700
- Community Health Services - 403-932-8700
- Diabetes Prevention - 403-932-8700
- Environmental Health - Well Water Testing - 403-932-8700
- Environmental Public Health Program - 403-851-6000
- Health Promotion - 403-932-8700
- Home Care - 403-851-6060
- Immunization Services - 403-932-8700
- Provincial Injury Prevention Team - 403-932-8700
- Sexual and Reproductive Health - 403-932-8700
- Speech Language Pathology - School Services - 403-851-2244
- Tobacco Reduction - 403-932-8700
- Travel Health Services - 403-932-8700
- Tuberculosis Testing and Immunization - 403-932-8700
- HEALTHLink Alberta - Seniors' health concerns - Toll-free: 866-408-5465 (LINK) or Calgary: 403-943-5465
Seniors' Rights & Advocacy
- Alberta Seniors and Community Supports - 877-644-9992
- Alberta Ombudsman: Supports administrative fairness of provincial programs (AHS, Provincial Government, health and accounting professionals) - 403-297-6185
- CARP - Canadian Association for adults ages 50 years and older - 888-363-2279
- National Seniors' Council
- Seniors' Advisory Council for Alberta - Call toll-free within Alberta: dial 310-0000, then 780-422-2321
Supportive Living & Long-Term Care Facilities
For a list of local facilities for seniors, visit the online Alberta Health Services maintains a list of hospitals and health facilities by region (Cochrane is in the Calgary region).and search "care" or "nursing."
- Rockyview Handi Bus
- Community Access Resource (CAR) Program: Subsidized Taxi Transportation Program for Cochrane and area - 403-851-2250
Assistance 24 Hours Per Day
Dial 211 to access to a wide variety of community, social and government services information.
Local Seniors' Organizations
If you are looking for more information and support, contact FCSS at 403-851-2250 or Seniors on the Bow Centre at 403-932-7245.