Why do I have to provide a letter?

We cannot process a VSC without a valid reason. Volunteering and Practicum’s are not permanent work situations where a person’s employment may be verifiable through an employer’s records. We require a letter in these situations stating that the person is registered to be temporarily working with an organization.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Record Check?
2. Do I need both a VSC and a CRC?
3. Why can’t I just get a VSC?
4. I’m under 18 years old, can I get a Record Check?
5. How long does it take to process a Record Check?
6. Why do I have to provide a letter?
7. How long is my Record Check good for?
8. Why do some people have to pay for their checks and others don’t?
9. What information is released on a Record Check?
10. I have a record and receive a “Possible Match” result every time I apply. Is there a way to avoid having to pay for fingerprinting again?
11. I am a Canadian Citizen but I am not in Canada and I require a Record Check. What do I do?
12. Can I apply for a Record Check for someone else?
13. Is a Record Check Result an affirmation of good character?
14. I received a Record Suspension (Pardon), will that show up on my Results?
15. Is a CRC the same thing as a Police Information Check?
16. I don’t live in Cochrane, can I still get my Record Check done through the RCMP?
17. I live in Redwood Meadows and need a Record Check
18. What is a Child Intervention Check?