What do I do if I suspect I have a leak on my property?

There are specific items that a homeowner can watch for which may indicate an issue with their water service, such as:

  • A significant reduction in water pressure within the home.
  • The sump pump in the basement running regularly.
  • Constant water running noise emanating from the basement, with no visible source.
  • Soft/wet ground not associated with an irrigation system

If you think you may have an issue, Town of Cochrane staff are available to investigate and help determine if there is a leak on the water service connection. This is a complimentary service provided at no charge to the property owner.

Please contact the Water and Wastewater department if you have any questions at 403-851-2590 or via our web contact form at cochrane.ca/Water.

Show All Answers

1. What is a water service?
2. What causes a service leak?
3. What are the responsibilities of a homeowner and the Town with regards to a water service?
4. What do I do if I suspect I have a leak on my property?
5. How does the Town check for leaks?
6. What happens if a leak is discovered in my water service?