The situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve. The health and well-being of our community is a top priority.
We update local COVID numbers in our FAQ.
CHANGES TO PROVINCIAL RESTRICTIONS
As of Monday January 18:
- Outdoor social gatherings of up to 10 people are allowed (indoor social gatherings remain prohibited)
- Personal and wellness services are allowed to open by appointment only.
- Funeral ceremonies of up to 20 people are allowed with mandatory masking and 2 metre physical distancing; funeral receptions are not allowed.
All other mandatory restrictions remain in place until further notice.
FACE COVERINGS ARE MANDATORY
For the safety and protection of our community, beginning Monday November 9, 2020 it is our mandated duty to wear a face covering in indoor public spaces and in public vehicles, with some exceptions.
Face coverings are not required:
- When eating or drinking at a public premises, like a restaurant.
- When you’re doing physical activity, like in a gym or fitness centre.
- For children under five years of age.
- In private spaces, like a home or office.
- People with disabilities or underlying medical conditions that affect their ability to wear a face covering.
- If you are unable to place, use or remove a face covering safely without assistance.
- If you are care-giving for or accompanying a person with a disability where wearing a face covering would hinder the accommodation of the person’s disability (for example, ability to lipread).
- For people who have temporarily removed their face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service (for example, a visit to the dentist).
We want Cochrane to thrive, for businesses to stay open and for our residents to stay healthy. Together, we can help prevent the spread.
- Download the Wear Your Mask Here signage
- AHS guidance for wearing masks: https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx
- How to clean face coverings (PDF)
- How to store face coverings (PDF)
- Improper use of face coverings (PDF)
- Proper use of face coverings (PDF)
- Take face coverings off carefully (PDF)
If you’re concerned about your own health or symptoms, call HealthLink at 811.
On July 29, 2020, Cochrane Council approved Bylaw 20/2020 that provides the opportunity to make it mandatory to wear a face covering or non-medical mask in indoor public places and public vehicles.
The mandatory requirement was enacted when Cochrane reached 10 active cases. It will be rescinded when active case numbers are reported to be below 10, for 14 consecutive days.
The Town’s key objectives related to COVID-19:
- Flatten the curve (physical distancing is key)
- Avoid overwhelming the health care system
- Keep critical systems and people working
Download the #CochraneSaysThanks poster, colour it and then share a picture on social media using the #CochraneSaysThanks hashtag!
Check out the #CochraneSaysThanks video and performance contributions:
- Tynan T. singing Vittoria Mio Core by Giacomo Carissimi
- Keelyn T. singing Ein Schwan by Edvard Grieg
- Cochrane businesses say thanks
- Cochrane Fire and Protective Services say thanks
- Aaron Kenny says thanks
Share these graphics on social media, drop off a help card to an isolated neighbour or print a poster to display in your window to show your neighbours we’re in this together. And together, we’ll get through it.