The Town’s key objectives related to COVID-19:
- Flatten the curve (physical distancing is key)
- Avoid overwhelming the health care system
- Keep critical systems and people working
Local COVID numbers are updated regularly in our FAQ.
Town of Cochrane response to COVID-19
The Town of Cochrane will respond to the province’s Open for Summer Plan as it rolls out. Status of town facilities and operations:
- Cochrane Visitor Centre re-opened, with limited capacity June 1
- Sports fields reopened to the public June 1
- Cochrane RancheHouse re-opened to the public June 7
- Operations Shop and Protective Services Building remain closed to the public
The Eco Centre, Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) and Family Resource Network (FRN) facilities have remained open with limited public access.
Other Town facilities will be reopened at a future date, with timing dependent on Provincial orders.
Provincially mandated restrictions
We are in Stage 2 of the provincial relaunch plan.
Complete details on all public health measures and relaunch information be found here: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
To make appointments (when it is your time to book):
- Book online, or
- Call 811
IMPORTANT: all booking is done through AHS: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/topics/Page17295.aspx
The Cochrane RancheHouse is proud to support the Provincial vaccine rollout by participating as a vaccination centre. Need transportation? There's a COLT stop at the RancheHouse. Book your trip
Masks are mandatory in Cochrane
The Town adheres to the Provincial mask mandate announced by Alberta Health on December 8, 2020.
For more information on the Provincial mask mandate, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx.
If you’re concerned about your own health or symptoms, call HealthLink at 811.