Volunteers are people from all walks of life, all ages and stages. What they have in common is the desire to make a difference in their community, and in their own life, by giving their time and expertise.
Considerations Before Volunteering
- Where are my interests?
- If money was not an issue, what would I do with my time?
- What skills do I have to offer?
- What kind of commitment do I want to make?
- What will fit with my lifestyle and availability?
- Do I support the values and mission of the organization I'm thinking of volunteering with?
Volunteers are essential to our way of life and have a positive impact on the way our communities develop and operate. You'll also have:
- Opportunities to meet new people and become familiar with the community.
- Satisfaction that comes when providing service.
- More excitement in your life.
- Opportunities for continuous learning and personal growth.
- Career development, items for your resume, new job skills.
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Opportunities to help solve local issues and become a leader in your community.
- A chance to give back and make our community a better place to live.
- New challenges, skills and experiences.
- Lots of fun!
Volunteer Cochrane is one of 200 volunteer centres in Canada that offer services dedicated to supporting volunteers and the non-profit organizations that engage volunteers in their community. Volunteer Cochrane hosts a variety of events and programs to promote volunteerism, to raise awareness of the value of volunteering and to celebrate the contributions of volunteers.
Are you looking to volunteer or post volunteer opportunities?
Local groups will be publishing their opportunities on this database, so check back regularly.
Note: many organizations require volunteers to get a criminal record check. Find out how.
Event volunteer opportunities
|Volunteer Opportunity||Contact||Event / Opportunity Date|
|Helping Hands||Please email: email@example.com|
We NEED volunteers to help clients with maintaining lawn care throughout the spring and summer season
Volunteers can help with one-time yard cleanup jobs
Volunteers can be assigned to a local yard to mow over the season
Volunteers are assigned two-week blocks in the summer
This is a great opportunities for families to do together
Children 10 and under need to be accompanied with an adult
|Cochrane and Area Food Drive|
|Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Annual, Apr and Sep 14|
Cochrane and Area Events Society (CAES)
Here'show it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/go/mVEepqB
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an accountor keep a password on SignUp.com.
Cochrane and Area Events Society (CAES) is thrilled to be hosting Cochrane's Canada Day Cultural Celebration at Mitford Park on Jul 1, 2019.We are looking for many volunteers for the day. If you are able to help please have a look and register.
|Sled Island |
Sled Island is a four-day summer arts display celebrating, showcasing and nurturing the diverse array of music, film and visual artists of Calgary, Alberta.
Kyle Visvanathan for June dates and times
Note: most organizations require volunteers to get a criminal record check. Find out how.
Ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Alberta Cancer FoundationContact
- Alberta Health Services
- Bethany Care Society (Cochrane)
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Calgary and Area
- Boys and Girls Club of Cochrane and Area
- Citizens on Patrol
- Cochrane and Area Events Society
- Cochrane and Area Humane Society
- Cochrane and Area Victim Services Society
- Cochrane and District Chamber of Commerce
- Cochrane Block Parents (Facebook)
- Cochrane Ecological Institute (CEI)
- Cochrane Home Treasures
- Cochrane Public Library
- Cochrane Research Institute
- Cochrane Society for Housing Options (CSHO)
- Cochrane Valley Folk Club
- Cochrane Tourism Association
- Helping Hands Society of Cochrane and Area
- Home Reno Heaven
- Rocky View Foundation (Big Hill Lodge
- Rundle Riders
- Seniors for Kids Society
- Spray Lake Sawmills Family Sports Centre
- Universal Rehabilitation Service Agency (URSA)
- Cultivate Cochrane